DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Sustainability Vision Ltd.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the relevant legislation. The Data Protection Bill was published on 14 September 2017 and is based on the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”). Once it is incorporated into UK national law it will be the applicable legislation.
Who are we?
Sustainability Vision Ltd. is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Sustainability Vision Ltd. data controller, complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To inform you of details of our product range.
- To update you of changes to our product range.
- To inform you of environmental and legislative issues that may affect our product range or your use of those products.
- To inform you of forthcoming events at which our product range will be demonstrated or discussed.
- To inform customers of any changes modifications or updates to products or services purchased from us.
- To enable customer services or technical staff to deal quickly and effectively with enquires, possible faults and other issues.
- To operate the GHGi Expenses and GHGi Analytics web sites and deliver the services that organisations have requested.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Sustainability Vision Ltd. Process your data under Article 6 of the GDPR. The processing conditions are:
- Consent of the data subject. Normally this means that you have provided your contact details directly to us, by email, letter, telephone call or by providing a business card.
- Processing is necessary to enable us to provide the product or service we are contracted to deliver
- GHGi Expenses
- GHGi Engine
- GHGi Analytics
- Consulting services
- Product and service training
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only where relevant to; our sales and marketing department, customer services department, accounts and technical support. In all cases, we will only share your data with third parties with your prior consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary, for a period of three years from initial enquiry to allow enough time for the sales decision to be concluded. At which point we will contact you to confirm that you still wish to receive communications from us.
If you are a customer we will keep your personal data held in our marketing system for three years after the completion of the contract or subsequent support contracts, in order to maintain the information required for any legal claims/complaints or technical issues etc.
If you are a customer, the personal data relating to your employees held in our software, will be removed from the system at the termination of the contract. It will then be returned to you in an encrypted machine-readable form. We will maintain a second encrypted copy for 6 months after the termination of the contract, as a safeguard against issues you may encounter with any replacement system.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption, under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the data controller Sustainability Vision Ltd. holds about you;
- The right to request that Sustainability Vision Ltd., the data controller, corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Sustainability Vision Ltd., the data controller, to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, if consent is relied upon as a processing condition;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact,
The Privacy Officer
Sustainability Vision Ltd.
Suit 101 Rye House
113 High Street
Ruislip HA4 8JN
You can also submit your request by printing out and completing this form Subject Access Request Form, then sending it to the Privacy Officer.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email
//ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.